We are delighted to announce that West Horsley Place will host our first 24 hour BioBlitz on Saturday 14th May 2022 with support from Surrey Wildlife Trust.
The BioBlitz is a community nature survey that focuses on finding and identifying as many species as possible on the estate in 24 hours. The BioBlitz is part of our Heritage without Barriers project and will be a free event thanks to funding from the National Lottery Heritage Fund. Thank you Lottery Players!
There will be fun learning and recording activities for all age groups including guided walks, conservation activities and wildlife recording. There will be lots to see and learn during the day.
Visit Place Farm Barn 10am-4pm to learn more about local wildlife followed by a stroll through our beautiful walled gardens. There will be lots to see, learn and experience for the whole family:
- Take part in a Minibeast hunt and discover our important insects
- Go on a treasure hunt to find magnificent trees and identify them from their leaves.
- Discover plants in the Walled Garden and Orchard, also a great place for a picnic!
- Search for wildlife habitats and learn how you can encourage wildlife at home.
- Learn more about wildlife on the estate from local expert recording groups in the Barn
- Grab a coffee and cake from Place Farm Cafe
Bioblitz Morning Bioblitz Afternoon
Photos by Mike Waite
There is lots to learn about our wildlife. Go into more depth on a free guided walk run by a local wildlife expert.